Child Support Laws

Q: I was ordered to pay child support a year ago, but lost my job and have been unemployed for several months. I have been unable to find any work in my field and am getting behind on my child support payments. I am afraid I will go to jail. What can I do?

A: You probably need to have a motion filed on your behalf to temporarily lower or suspend your child support payments. It sounds as if your circumstances are substantially different from what they were when the child support payment was established. A motion to the court in this regard would alllow a judge to determine whether you should be granted some relief in your payments. We represent people in such matters and would be happy to assist you.

Please contact us for further advice and instruction.

Jason Ora Wunsch
Attorney at Law
P.O Box 365
Lillington, N.C 27546

Comments are closed.